All Saints, Lullington

All Saints Church, Lullington courtesy of David King

All Saints Church, Lullington

The church of All Saints, Lullington sits near the village green in the small rural village of Lullington in the Lullington and Orchardleigh conservation area and is a Grade 1 listed building.

The earliest parts of the church date from approximately 1160 and these comprise carved stonework, in particular a fine typanum and Christ in majesty above the exterior of the north door and associated corbels, the columns below the tower and the Norman font.

The church has been modified over the centuries and fortunately the Victorian restoration in 1862 by T H Wyatt introduced some good stained glass.

The church is approached through a Grade 2 listed lychgate, to the north of the church is the Grade 2 listed ‘Clement’ chest tomb.